Monday, April 27, 2015

Miss Molly's Hotel

This weekend I stayed at Miss Molly's Hotel in Fort Worth, TX. It is known as one of the most actively paranormal locations in North Texas.
 I began talking to Tina, the lady who lives at the hotel with her dog and takes care of her guests. I explained to her what Genius Hour was, and why I had chose to do what I was doing. She was very happy to talk to me about the spirits living in the hotel, the history of it all, and a bit about why they are there and how.
I was able to also look back on some old entries from former guests about their experiences and pictures of spirits that had been spotted.

The first thing Miss Tina showed me was a ghost meter. The light on the top of the meter would blink red if a spirit was in your presence. There was a needle on the top so you can ask the spirit yes or no questions. If it moves to the right, (even slightly) it was a yes. If it moved to the left, a no. The reason behind the lights in movement is the electromagnetic waves the spirit gives off.
The first spirit I came in presence with was Emma. A 7 year old child who was born in the same room she died in. Miss Molly's was a former brothel in the 1800's so Emma was born a baby of prostitution. The babies born in the brothel typically would not stay with their mothers. Emma was taken under the wing of Miss Josie, the mistress of the brothel, who became a grandmother figure to Emma.
Emma later died from smallpox.
Being in her presence made me feel very joyous and she gave off very happy vibes.
Emma had been in hiding for quite a while, I learned, before she gained the courage to come out of her room. Miss Tina also mentioned how she does not allow only men to stay in room 3 (the room Emma lives in) since she never grew up with a father figure and was more timid with men.
She had been seen in the past and was supposedly a very very small child with shoulder length blonde hair, a white nightgown, and a sockdoll under her arm.
She has a babydoll that she plays with and loves. She'll move her around the room which shows she likes the toy. There was a time where the babydoll was put away for 2 months, and the guests would explain how they heard crying. They explained it wasn't a bad or distressed cry of a lost soul, but a smaller cry. As soon as it was figured that she was missing her doll, the doll as put back immediately and the crying had stopped.

I had thought before it was either you stayed as a spirit, or you left and never came back. But to my surprise, I learned that was definitely not the case. Spirits have an option and do not have to be damned to chose one or the other. If they choose to stay, they must find a portal. There just so happens to be a portal in Miss Molly's. I was not able to capture a picture of it, but it is half in room 3, and half in the hall.

There are different spirits in each rooms. I was staying in The Cowboy Room where supposedly 2 cowboys stayed. I was shown a picture of one of the men that someone had captured. We were told if anything got too scary or things were not okay, just to open the bible that was put in our room, (or in my case, the one my mother also brought) and the spirits would leave you alone.
I wasn't planning on opening the bible because I was determined.
Around maybe 11:30am I got a very very odd feeling in my body. It was like the feeling you get when someone is looking at you, but a bit more intense. I got up to look around, and as soon as I did, the feeling left.
I had planned to stay up during witching hours (12am-3:30am) but I had suddenly got a very calm feeling and decided to go to bed.
I asked in the morning if my mother had opened the bible, and she had. Completely without my knowing. I was quite upset with her because I was excited to see what was going to happen, if anything at all.
She explained to me that she had to open it because she became terrified after she heard a man's voice she had never heard before, ask if she was asleep.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay at the hotel and I definitely enjoyed talking and learning about spirits and the history of the hotel. I am planning to go back as soon as I can!



3 comments:

  1. Were you not scared? And if Things did get scary would you have not opened your Bible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my absolute dreamto go to these places! My blog is about haunted things you should check it out. It's name in Elizabeth's (NAT) Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!! I would have been scared but still fascinated. Good thing it was a positive spirit and I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete