Friday, April 17, 2015

The Screaming Bridge



Last weekend, I visited The Screaming Bridge with my mom. I went just to experience the surroundings of the area that is supposedly haunted. Unfortunately I was not able to experience anything because it is said only on the anniversary date of the tragedy (2/4) will you be able to witness the spirits of the girls that died on the bridge after coming back from an Arlington High football game in the late 60's. 
The girls were on a joyride after the game and did not see another car coming head on to them. Several of the girls were killed on impact and one was sent to the hospital. The bridge and road (Trammel Davis) are now closed off to the public unless you walk the trail. 
It is said if on the anniversary date of the accident, you sit in the middle of the bridge at midnight you will be able to see headlights shining through fog, and in the water below, images of gravestones shining in the water representing all who died.















3 comments:

  1. That place looks completely creepy! I can't imagine being there at night. Great research and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos! That looks sooo creepy. I cant wait to see all of the other places you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Props to you for going there! If I went there I would cry. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete